Happy Summer, everyone!
I have a busy and exciting summer planned, and here are a few of the announcements that I’d like to share with you.
I am elated to participate in the following workshops and festivals this summer:
- Heart of America Belly Dance Festival, Kansas City, June 24th through 26th http://heartofamericabellydance.com/
- Shimmyfest in Fayetteville, AR, July 15th through 16th http://shimmyfest.com/wordpress/
- LA Legends of Belly Dance, Los Angeles, August 1st through 5th http://www.dancegardenla.com/la_legends.html
- Yaa Halla, Ya’ll, Dallas, August 18th through 21st http://www.isisandthestardancers.com/yhy16.html
The calendar has been updated through September. All class cancellations and performances are listed, including the times and dates of Fringe Festival!!! Please note the following changes:
- I am adding an Intermediate Technique class on Wednesdays at 7:30. This class will be ongoing depending on the attendance in July, and the studio schedule in August.
- Open and closed classes: Classes highlighted in green are available for drop-ins without my prior approval; *however* it is highly recommended that anyone that comes to the new Wednesday class has either attended my Monday Beginner’s class or has at least 1-2 years of belly dance experience. Those classes highlighted in orange are CLOSED. This means that these classes are by invitation only. The Sunday class is my performance group, and is only open when we start new choreographies. This is to ensure that we make progress on choreographies rather than me reteaching every week. The later Monday class is advanced. Remember, you are placed in the level that will help you grow the most. Jumping past your ability level will only frustrate you, and I have to continue challenging the other students.
Upcoming events that are past the calendar dates include:
- Two intensives (one in October and one in November) that cover technique and combos from my summer of learning
- Haflaween is my annual student showcase and party, and will be held on Saturday, October 29th at the Matt Ross Community Center
- In January of next year, I’ll do another monthly choreography intensive!
Well, that is all for now! I’m looking forward to a great summer of dance.